New From Genealogical Publishing Company & Clearfield Company…
Access the GPC eBook Library at your convenience with our new subscription platform
Subscribe Today with a 15% Introductory Discount on our Annual and Semi-Annual Packages:
Sorry, too low to discount
Use the button below to select tier
Here’s what you’ll be getting:
📚 The Absolute Best Content:
- Time tested titles from our 70 years of publishing
- Books from the leading authorities like Elizabeth Shown Mills, Val Greenwood, Drew Smith and others
- The very best quick reference guides from our At a Glance series
🔎 Tools to Find what you are looking for:
- Global searching of all our eBooks – what a time saver!
- Set Book marks, make Notes, and find Citations in every book!
- Work online or remotely – and they stay in sync!
Breakdown of the major categories:
- Industry leading how to books and manuals – an unsurpassed collection of more than 140 of our best titles that you cannot find anywhere else
- More than 375 genealogy books on colonial American families
- Over 239 books on New England or Mayflower genealogy
- Nearly 200 immigration titles covering Colonial America to about 1865
- Native American guides and records
- The best collection of titles on Royal and Noble genealogy
- More than 90 titles on Irish and Scottish genealogy
- Guidebooks for African American genealogy and records of families prior to 1870
- Nearly 800 titles in all, and growing
For the life of this country, books have been the preferred way to capture its history. Unlike a database, a book takes on the character and personality of the author and the people memorialized in its pages. Our experts give you advice based on their experiences, not on algorithms. With our subscription, we have joined our books with the tools to give you the most value from their content.
Yes, the great advantage of the new site is the ability to do global searches. You will see the titles that contain the search terms along with the number of hits. When you highlight a title, you will see the hits along with a few words to add context.
You can do a general name search:
Or, a Boolean search for an exact match only:
Clicking on your chosen result will take you right to the page:
Of course, you can do those things. To respect our authors, we have placed limits on how much of any book you can print before asking us for permission.
Yes, and it is easy. The site will guide you along the way:
Your notes and bookmarks remain in your account. Anytime you return to your books – either in the subscription or one that you rent or buy – your notes and bookmarks will still be there.
Yes. You can find citations in more than one place. Perhaps the easiest way to add the citation is when you have the book open and click on More book options. Here is an example:
The best way to find out which books are in the Subscription is by using the link to all of our eBooks. That link is at the top of this and every page.
*Tip: You can use all of the Filters to find books by geographical area, subject, and time period. The filters you choose form a hierarchy, so they will work together.
*Tip: If you use the New Search button, it will take you to the full list of our books. To stay with the eBooks, use the back arrow in your browser or just start over.