The Georgia General Assembly created Jefferson County on February 20, 1796, from parts of Burke and Warren counties, making Louisville the seat of its new government. The Superior Court of the county had jurisdiction over all criminal matters, civil cases involving title to land, appeals from Inferior Court decisions, divorces, grand juries, and registration of land deeds. The first volume of Superior Court minutes covered the period from October 11, 1796, through May 5, 1800. The author has now completed a second volume, encompassing the period April 28, 1800, through June 12, 1804. The transcription comes from the microfilm photographed by the Genealogical Society of Salt Lake City, Utah, and available at the Georgia Department of Archives and History in Morrow. The transcription maintains the general format of the minutes but presents the case citations and lists of jurors and witnesses in a standard and consistent format. In all, compiler Michael Ports has identified roughly 6,000 inhabitants of Jefferson County–judges, jurors, plaintiffs, defendants, witnesses–during this period under investigation.